Welcome to our world!

3 Siberian Huskies - and their humans!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 2 of our trip

Well, we managed to see quite alot today.  Started out at the Irish Stud Farm - got to see lots of horses, and since I promised my niece that I would take lots of pictures for her, I thought I'd share a couple for her to look at until I can show her the rest.

picnikfile_iIEzEC

picnikfile_T8t00_

I actually had one little guy come up to the fence and let me scratch him!  Very cool in my book!!

We also went to the city of Kildare and got to view the palace that is there - we went in, but weren't allowed pictures, but the place is huge...

picnikfile_ssMlXd

That's my mom in the foreground...  she looks so tiny next to the castle!

Then we were off to the Waterford Crystal factory to see how they make the fine crystal... very impressive and almost all of it from start to finish is done by hand!!

picnikfile_Zyek6l

picnikfile_FY9ypM

Still can't belive how much time and work goes into making the crystal pieces.  They demand perfection in their products and if a piece doesn't make it to their expectations, they recycle the crystal to be made into something new.  Now I can almost understand why the crystal is so darn expensive!!!

~the momma

No comments:

Post a Comment